- Posts must be posted on your blog by 8 am Eastern Time (US). We do check posts daily as do most authors. We also tweet all posts.
- Posts do not have to be top for the day unless specified in the sign-up.
- You are responsible for noting when you sign up for a tour, which dates you've signed up for. We confirm dates when we send out the tour schedule or by individual email. Please double check your date and make sure you have it calendared.
- If you miss a post, we will email and tweet (if we have your info) to see what's up. If we hear from you and you still post during the tour, this doesn't count against you.
- If you miss a post and we don't hear from you or you contact us after the Grand Finale has gone out, this counts as a missed post. You only get one missed post as a pass. The next time this happens you will not be allowed to tour with us for an actual tour. You still may post Blitzes (including sharing Grand Finales) and Cover Reveals. We, along with authors and publishers, depend on you to be responsible and post when you've committed to. When you don't, not only does this reflect badly on us, it's very frustrating for authors and publishers who have paid for the tour, sometimes it being the only promotion they will get. We have to trust our tour hosts, so please don't abuse that trust. Pencil in the dates of a tour when you sign up and contact us if something comes up and you need to switch your date or are unable to post. When you contact us, it doesn't count against you.
- Reviews need to be rated three out of five stars or higher to be included in a tour. If a blogger doesn't like a book or would rate it lower than three stars, they can withdraw from the tour or post an excerpt or promo instead. They should still post their negative review, but not for their tour stop.
- Review copies sent in ebook are not to be shared, sold, published, traded, or used in any way that would infringe upon the copyright. Authors entrust reviewers to be honest. We expect the same. If we find out a blogger has ever done something they shouldn't with a review copy, they will immediately be removed from our list and information sent to the correct sources for litigation and damages.
- Run for about a week.
- We normally email out the HTML Code one day to a week before to all our tour hosts.
- We allow bloggers to share the BLITZ for about the first five days, and then the giveaway continues a day after that.
- Everyone who posts gets a follow spot on the Rafflecopter.
- If it's one that we have a sign-up for, those on the sign up are emailed first and have first priority on the Rafflecopter.
- Every tour stop on our tours include content that is exclusive to that stop. This can include a review, excerpt, guest post, interview, etc. We do not have promo/spotlight posts like other tour services except in certain cases.
- Review copies are generally ebooks. We have very few authors who offer a print copy for review. This seems to be the trend everywhere. However, it never hurts to ask, so if you need a print copy please let us know and we can find out if the author would be willing to send one.
- We create a schedule for the tour that we email out to confirm with tour participants. Sometimes the schedule changes. It's imperative that you confirm your date and that you also schedule the date you've been assigned so that you remember when you need to post. Sometime stops need to go in order and authors check your site for their post. If you need to make a change, please just let us know right away so that we can adjust the tour appropriately. It's usually not a big deal, especially if you give us plenty of notice.
- Then there is the actual tour. The closest thing we have to a Media Kit is the post we prepare to share with everyone. We call it the post info and the HTMLs by the format they are (Blogger and Wordpress). We normally include the HTML and the post info in an MS Word doc. You can choose which you'd like to use for your post. You then add your exclusive content, be it a review, guest post, excerpt, or interview, to this post.
- Tour participants can also pull information off of the tour Announcement or Launch if they prefer not to use the post info.
- Since we gather the information in a blog, we can share in easy-to-post html formats, but that doesn't mean your post has to look like ours!! Please fix, update, re-arrange... whatever you like. Both of us have participated with lots of tours and we know it can take an hour to create a good post sometimes, and there's no need for tour hosts to be re-creating stuff... just pick up where we leave off and we'll cut your time in half, at least!
- Most tour hosts ask for a Guest Post subject or something like that. Prism does not when it's a "THEMED TOUR". We work directly with the author, digging for delicious details hiding in the author's life or the writing behind the book... something yummy that's big enough to share throughout the entire tour.
- The Grand Finale is also something we do that other tours don't. The final day of the tour is a summary of each stop on the tour with permalinks and quotes from each blog. This is a rather monster-sized post that we create slowly throughout the entire tour and then share (in html, again) with lots of bloggers - not just the bloggers on the tour. Everyone who shares our Grand Finales (with links to all the participating blogs!) gets Rafflecopter space for posting, like a Blitz. It's a great way to end a tour!!
We send the following out via email:
We send the following out via email:
- Tour event sign-ups
- Biltzes with pre-made posts
- Tour Announcements
- Cover Reveals with pre-made posts
- Post information for a tour participant's specific date (the only necessary thing to post, if you're on a tour)
- The Grand Finale Blitz
If you'd like to update your profile (or be removed from our mailing list), you can do so HERE.
Please email us with any questions at prismbooktours(at)gmail.com.